The Legal Tool kit provides information on a variety of topics to assist individuals going through the transition period of life. Having access to disability law assistance and knowing that standards are in place to protect individuals with disabilities is empowering and gives confidence as ones seek to move forward towards their own independence.
Though not all inclusive this section will continue to grow as additional information is added.
Advanced Care Directive
Delaware/Federal Laws & Regulations
- American Disability Act
- ADA Disability Law Handbook – ADA national network.
- Delaware Attorney General
- Delaware Code
- Delaware Constitution
- Delaware Courts – Self Help for civil, family, criminal, traffic and appeals.
- Delaware Department of Anti-Discrimination – Dept. of Labor enforces laws against race, color, religions, sex, sexual orientation, origin, age, disability, marital status or genetic information.
- Delaware Division of Human Relations – Administers Delaware Fair Housing an Equal Accommodation Laws.
- Delaware Labor Law Enforcement – Dept. of Labor ensures fair and equitable treatment.
- Delaware Regulations
- Federal Laws and Regulations
- Supported Decision-Making Agreement – Delaware Code Title 16, Chapter 94A, Section 9401A.
- U.S. Constitution Resource Guide – Bill of Rights Institute.
- U.S. Constitution Transcript – National Archives.
- Voting and Election Laws – USA.gov.
- Learn the Law – National Center for Learning Disabilities get to know ADAAA & Section 504, IDEA, ESEA/NCLB, and ADAAA.
Power of Attorney
Supported Decision Making
Will and Probate