This Toolkit contains numerous websites and valuable information on assistive technology, education, IEPs, post-secondary education, gifted and talented opportunities, and checklists to review life learning skills. It also contains information on in-state colleges and universities offices which provide assistance to students with exceptionalities and many more resources from around the country.
- Agape Center –This website contains live links to many of Delaware's Health-Related Organizations.
- Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) – A one-stop access point for aging and disability information and resources in Delaware.
- Aging Well with a Physical Disability – Factsheet Series
- Arc of Delaware – The Arc is devoted to promoting and improving supports and services for all people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Building Self-Advocacy and Self-Care Management Skills – Help your teen build the self-advocacy and health care self-management skills they need at home.
- Catalyst Center – National Center for Health Insurance and Financing for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs.
- Dover Air Force Base Family Advocacy Program – FAP develops, implements, and evaluates programs and policies to prevent and treat family maltreatment. The FAP provides expert training and consultation services to its key customers, including Airmen and their families.
- Delaware Family Voices – This website provides families with valuable resources and information concerning children's healthcare needs, including Medicaid/managed care and mental behavioral health monthly phone calls, statewide recreational resources, and disability advocacy resources.
- Got Transition – Advocates that aim to improve transition from pediatric to adult health care through the use of new and innovative strategies for health professionals and youth.
- My Health Passport – FCIC's My Health Passport is a health advocacy document that describes the unique supports and preferences of an individual.
- The Governor's Advisory Council for Exceptional Citizens – The Council provides leadership to improve the lives of exceptional citizens of all ages through advice and advocacy.
- Explore: Transgender – Human Rights Campaign advocacy for inclusion.
- ARCH National Respite Network/Resource Center – The mission of the ARCH National Respite Network and Resource Center is to assist and promote the development of quality respite and crisis care programs.
- LGBTQ – Articles on issues facing the LGBTQ community from the Human Rights Campaign.
Associations & Organizations
- Ability Network of Delaware – Resources for the disability community.
- American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD) – Advance health promotion and wellness initiatives for children and adults with disabilities. AAHD accomplishes its mission through advocacy, education, public awareness, and research efforts at the federal, state, and community levels.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Delaware – Dedicated to the health and well-being of infants, children, adolescents and young adults.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Find support and take action.
- Association of University Centers On Disabilities
- Blood Bank of Delaware – Community organization providing blood to hospitals throughout the Delmarva Peninsula.
- Children & Adults with ADHD (CHADD) – National organization providing education, advocacy and support for individuals with ADHD.
- Delaware Academy of Medicine – Enhance the well-being of our community through medical education and the promotion of public health.
- Delaware Academy of Physician Assistants (DAPA) – Dedicated to providing high quality health care to the people of our state, and information and aid to working PAs and students.
- Delaware Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) – Improving the quality of life for Delaware's citizens by promoting health and well-being, fostering self-sufficiency, and protecting vulnerable populations.
- Delaware Department of Public Health (DPH) – Public Health touches the lives of everyone in our State and includes a wide range of programs and services aimed toward protecting and improving the health of the people who live and work in Delaware.
- Delaware Dietetic Association – Optimizing the health of Delawareans through nutrition.
- Division of Developmental Disabilities Services – Information on ADA, Lifespan Waiver, self advocacy, respite services, and State Transition Plan.
- Delaware Division for the Visually Impaired (DVI) – Provides a network of services designed to facilitate the social, emotional and economic independence of the blind and visually impaired.
- Delaware Division of Long Term Care Residents' Protection (DLTCRP) – Protecting vulnerable people through oversight and regulation.
- Delaware Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health – Provides information on crisis intervention, Delaware Psychiatric Center, prevention services, service providers, substance abuse help and the Treatment Access Center.
- Delaware Lifespan Respite Care Network – Our website is designed to help you understand what respite is and how we can provide financial assistance to fund respite.
- Delaware Health Information Network (DHIN) – To facilitate the design and implementation of an integrated, statewide health data system to support the information needs of consumers, health plans, policymakers, providers, purchasers and research to improve the quality and efficiency of health care services in Delaware.
- Delaware Psychological Association – Non-profit organization representing psychologists in the state.
- Delaware Society for Respiratory Care (DSRC) – The DSRC will be the leading professional association for respiratory care in Delaware.
- Delaware Speech-Language-Hearing Association (DSHA) – Encouraging the study of the processes of human communication, cognition, and swallowing.
- Delaware State Dental Society (DSDS) – Supports its members' ability to practice through education and advocacy.
- Delaware State Osteopathic Medical Society (DSOMS) – Promotes the interests and influence the science of Osteopathic medicine and of the Osteopathic profession.
- Easter Seals of Delaware and Maryland's Eastern Shore – Easter Seals has been helping individuals with disabilities and special needs, and their families, live better lives for nearly 100 years.
- Learning Disability Association of America
- Medical Society of Delaware (MSD) – Guides, serves and supports Delaware Physicians, promoting the practice and profession of medicine to enhance the health of our communities.
- Mental Health Association in Delaware – Promotes improved mental well-being.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness of Delaware (NAMI DE) –Grassroots organization serving individuals living with mental illness and their families and friends.
- National Center on Health, Physical Activity and Disability – Resource center on building healthy inclusive communities.
- National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC) – The core mission of the Center is to collect and disseminate the results of research funded by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR).
- Social Security and Disability Resource Center – Informs readers about Social Security Disability and how SSI Disability process works from start to finish.
- A.I. DuPont/Nemours – The premiere Children's hospital in the Delaware Valley. Helping children transition to adult care.
- Bayhealth – Bayhealth's mission is to improve the health status of all members of the Bayhealth community in Dover and Milford.
- Beebe Health Care Systems – Located in beautiful historic Lewes, Delaware, near Rehoboth Beach, Beebe Healthcare offers an array of inpatient, outpatient, emergency, and diagnostic services.
- Christiana Care Health Systems – Serving our neighbors as expert, caring partners in their health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value.
In Home Care or Day Programs