This Toolkit contains numerous websites and valuable information on assistive technology, education, IEPs, post-secondary education, gifted and talented opportunities, and checklists to review life learning skills. It also contains information on in-state colleges and universities offices which provide assistance to students with exceptionalities and many more resources from around the country.
Advocacy and Information
- California Employment Resource – People with disabilities information.
- Delaware Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) – Department of Labor's site to connect people to jobs, resources, monetary benefits, workplace protections and labor market information to promote financial independence, workplace.
- Essential Skills for Career Success – National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability.
- Mid-Atlantic ADA Center – Provides training, information, and technical assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to businesses, consumers, schools, and state and local governments.
- Pathways to Employment – DHSS program designed to support low-income teens and young adults with disabilities in Delaware who want to work. The program helps participants prepare for work, find jobs, and succeed in the workplace.
- Person-Centered Career Planning – Institute for Community Inclusion.
Finding a Job
- Ability Links – Nationwide community where qualified job seekers with disabilities and inclusive employers meet and gain access to valuable networking opportunities. Employers post jobs and search resumes on Ability Links to identify qualified job seekers with disabilities. Job seekers with disabilities can apply for jobs and post resumes.
- Careerbuilder.com – Job search engine for Jobs in U.S.
- Coolworks.com – Summertime U.S. jobs in cool places.
- Delaware JobLink – Delaware's job search engine for Need to create a profile.
- Delaware State Jobs – Current State Job Postings.
- Delaware Works – Helping job seekers find employment, services and information.
- Indeed.com – Job search engine for Jobs in U.S.
- Jobs for People with Disabilities - Jobs posted by companies who are looking to hire people with disabilities.
- Monster.com – Job search engine for Jobs in U.S.
- Neuvoo.com – Jobs available for people with disabilities.
- Snagajob.com – Job search engine for Jobs in U.S.
- USAJobs.com – Federal Government Jobs.
- ADA Guide for People with Disabilities Seeking Employment
- Ticket To Work - Debunking 3 Biggest Myths about Disability Benefits and Work – SSA.
- Delaware Department of Labor – Connects people to jobs, resources, monetary benefits, work place protection.
- Disability Employment Reference Materials – OPM.gov.
- Employment First – Division of Developmental Disabilities Services.
- Hiring Information – Office of Personnel Management's programs for students & recent graduates.
- Redbook Guide to Work Incentives – Social Security Administration.
- Schedule A Hiring and Tips – Federal Hiring Authority eligibility from USAjobs.gov
- Schedule A Hiring for Applicants with Disabilities – EEOC.
- Social Security Consent for Release of Information Form
- Social Security Publications – Information on work, military service household workers, self-employment, benefits, payments and more.
- Steps to the Vocational Rehab Process – DE Dept. of Labor, Voc. Rehab.
- Ticket to Work – U.S. Social Security Admin. (SSA)
- Help to Achieve Your Work Goals – SSA
- Ticket to Work What You Need to Keep Working – (SSA)
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission – The web site of the EEOC, which is responsible for enforcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
- Workforce Recruitment Program – Program managed by the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) and the U.S. Department of Defense's Office of Diversity Management & Equal Opportunity (ODMEO). The WRP is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to prove their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs.
- Youth Transition Services – Delaware Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.
Guides & Helpful Information