Gifted and Talented
Gifted and talented education encompasses the expertise needed to properly identify and serve not only the students who demonstrate high achievement, but also those who have the ability to achieve at high levels.
The term also covers the specific services and programs offered as well as the teacher training necessary to provide the academic guidance gifted students need in order to thrive. This section of our website offers information on a number of options.
Advocating & Information
Associations, Organizations, Agencies, Universities
- Advisory Council on Programs for the Gifted and Talented (SACPGT) — Delaware Department of Education
- Center for Talented Youth — Located at Johns Hopkins, this organization engages gifted kids and their families through programs, summer classes, and even a bi-monthly magazine.
- Center for Gifted Education Policy at the American Psychological Association
- Center for Gifted Education & Talent Development – UCONN
- The Council for Exceptional Children — Policies, education, publiations and professional development.
- Davidson Institute — Supporting profoundly gifted children as young scholars with fellowships and summer program.
- Education Programs for Gifted Youth – Stanford University
- From The Top — Classically trained student musicians. Boston based nonprofit which celebrates the power of music in the hands of extraordinary young people.
- Institute for Research and Policy on Acceleration — Find out more about the latest research being done into academic acceleration through this organization's site.
- National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC)— Information and resources for students, teachers and parents.
- Odyssey of the Mind - Delaware affiliate.
- Renzulli Center for Creativity, Gifted Education and Talent Development - University of Connecticut
- SENG: SENG is short for Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted and is an organization that wants to help ensure that gifted children are understood, accepted, nurtured, and supported by their families, schools, and workplaces.
- Talent Identification Program - Duke University
- The Gifted Child Society — Providing information to New Jersey residents and surrounding areas.
Regulations & Laws