In the toolbox you will find a variety of helpful documents that are Delaware specific such as the Department of Motor Vehicle Drivers Manual along with a drivers skill checklist for new drivers, information on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry, how to get a special license plate and more. You will also find information on adaptive driving, Amtrak travel and other items.
Agencies and Organizations
- Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists (ADED) – Driving fact sheets for disabilities and driving, services, education and more.
- Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) – Excellence in Transportation: Every trip, every dollar, every mode, everyone.
- Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) – Provides services in Delaware for vehicles, drivers, transportation and tolls.
- Delaware Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) – Information about vehicle modifications.
- Delaware Office of Highway Safety (DHS) – Information on Delaware's highways, laws and regulations regarding driving and travel.
- Delaware Veteran's Affairs Commission – Dedicated to assisting veterans and their family members in obtaining benefits and working with other government agencies and civic organizations to facilitate assistive services.
- Disability Resource Center Services Handbook Transportation disabilities guide - Department of Transportation.
- Mid-Atlantic ADA Center – Established to provide training, information, and technical assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to businesses, consumers, schools, and state and local governments.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) – Adapting Motor Vehicles for Persons with Disabilities up to date information on vehicle modifications, including laws, resources and research.
- Application for Special License Plate – Dept. of Motor Vehicle.
- Auto Insurance Guide – Delaware Insurance Commissioner's Drivers Info.
- Brants Driving School – Offering driver rehabilitative services throughout Pennsylvania and the surrounding states.
- Delaware Drivers Education for Parents & Students – Dept. of Education.
- Delaware Drivers Manuals and Forms – Drivers manual in five languages, parent supervised form, motorcycle manual, emergency next of kin and more.
- Delaware Electronic Device Driving Law – Fines, law, texting, talking.
- Delaware Handicapped Plates or Placards – DMV.
- Drivers Medical Program – Self-reporting, medical forms, medical surrender.
- Delaware Special License Plate – Environmental, Fishing and more.
- How Do Teens Get a License in Delaware? – OHS Brochure.
- MobilityWorks – Serving the disabled community with wheelchair accessible minivans, full-size vans with lifts and commercial fleet vehicles.
- MOSS Rehab Driving Instruction Packet
- National Resource Directory – Connecting wounded warriors, service members, veterans, and their families to resources that support them. An alphabetical listing of resources for vehicle modifications and adaptations.
- New Mobility – The online magazine for active wheelchair users.
- Visor Communication Card – Deaf & Hard of Hearing Card from DVR
- About DART
- DART ADA Application
- DART Brand: Heart of DART
- DART Contact Information
- DART Employment
- DART First State – Delaware Area Regional Transit (DART) Paratransit: The mission of DART First State and the Delaware Transit Corporation, an operating division of the Delaware Department of Transportation, is to design and provide the highest quality public transportation services that satisfy the needs of the customer and the community.
- DART Fixed Route Bus Schedules – Including DART Bus Schedules in Accessible Screen Reader Format, Statewide Bus Stop List, System Maps, How To Ride Guide, and Rider Alerts.
- DART Getting There Starts Here
- DART: Google Trip Planner
- DART Mobile Apps: DART Transit and DART Pass and links to informational flyers, FAQs and Tutorial Videos.
- DART Passenger Procedures
- DART Public Meetings
- DART Statewide Fixed Route and Paratransit Fares
- DART Title VI Information, Plan and Forms
- Delaware Driver Improvement and DUI's – Revocations, suspensions, medical program, DUI's, implied consent.
- How to Ride in Delaware – Delaware Dept. of Transportation.
- Paratransit Services, including application, Riders Guide, Fares, and ADA Service Area information.
- Public Transportation in the U.S. – American Public Transit Association.
- SEPTA Rail Schedules
Rights and Regulations
- Disability Aviation Consumer Protection – Find information about traveling with service animals, Kiosks, seat strapping, mishandled baggage and wheelchairs, lodging travel complaints and more.
- Disabilities Law Program – The DLP provides advocacy services to Delaware residents with physical or mental disabilitieshttp://www.declasi.org/disabilities-law-program.
- Enhanced Mobility of Individuals with Disabilities: Section 5310
- Request for Gender Change – On state IDs or Drivers License form.
- State of Delaware Department of Transportation Office of External Civil Rights – DelDOT understands and is committed to providing accessibility for all users, customers, and beneficiaries of our programs, activities and public services, including persons with disabilities. This link also includes the DelDOT ADA transition plan and ADA questions, comments and complaint quick links.
- Civic Access Project (under the US DOJ) – This publication describes how common access problems affect people with disabilities, and offers some suggestions on how to solve them.